In order to create health conscious individual, families and the community, The Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya, Vector Borne Disease Control Unit will initiate:
• To provide a health programs involving prevention and control of vector-borne diseases in a comprehensive and integrated form for each individual, families and the community.
• To empower the community in the prevention of vector-borne diseases through increasing the awareness of every individual, families and the community.
• To foster cooperation and participation of the various sectors, agencies and non-governmental organizations in the implementation of health activities for prevention and control of vector-borne diseases.
Public Health Divison
Wilayah Persekutuan KL & Putrajaya Department of Health
Floor 3, Blok A, Jalan Cenderasari
50590 Kuala Lumpur
1. To monitor notification of all vector-borne diseases and should be reported within 24 hours under the Infectious Diseases Act 1988.
2. To carry out prevention and controlled measures for vector-borne diseases before it become a severe public health problem.
3. To provide essential education on vector-borne diseases to educate the individual, families and the community revolving the aspects of:
· Community involvement
· The Interest of public health
1. To prevent the dengue fever from spreading as soon as possible before it becomes a public health issue.
2. To monitor, analyze and to keep record on the vector borne diseases for the Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya.
3. To monitor diseases involving the vector borne diseases, whether the alleged case is domestic, imported or within the district, state and country.
4. To provide sufficient awareness through essential health education.