Disease Control Program includes a variety of infectious diseases. The program is a major public health functions to prevent and control the incidence of disease among the people to improve the health status of the population.
Department of Health Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya is composed of five districts and each district has at least 3 PPKP (Assistant Environmental Health Officer) who worked in the Communicable Disease Control Unit, District Health Office. Each PPKP Communicable Disease Control Unit is responsible for coordinating and carrying out prevention and control of infectious diseases in their respective districts.
The monitoring of all cases to be reported within 24 hours under the Infectious Diseases Act 1988.
Carry out preventive measures so as not to be a priority diseases of public health problems and become epidemic.
To control 'Epidemiological Pattern' infectious diseases in the Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya.
Reduce Rate of Morbidity and Mortality of infectious disease.
Provide education to the community related to infectious disease in the following aspects:-
- Community involvement
- Interests in Public Health
- To prevent the occurrence of infectious diseases at an early stage so as not to be a public health problem in the country and the Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya in particular.
- Conduct incident investigations and resources to take early steps to prevent the spread of the disease and become a serious epidemic.
- To provide information, record, analyze the incidence of disease in the area is easily spread to the public.
- Monitoring of all diseases in the district whether the alleged case of domestic, import and spread of events from outside or within the county, state and country.
- To create awareness through health education.
Date Update : 28 July 2015