Family Health Services is one of the main components of the Public Health Service and most importantly in the scope of primary health care. Family health services look into physical, mental and social aspects of individual family including family development and family nutrition.
- To Improve and maintain the health status of mothers in reproductive age group.
- Promote,maintain optimal health and performing development assessments of children from infants to the end of school.
- Provides outpatient services, health promotion, health screening, treatment and rehabilitation to all members of the family in the ‘first point of contact’.
- To upgrade the health status of families and special groups such as youth, elderly, children with special needs and social and mental patients.
- Reduce morbidity and mortality due to chronic diseases and diseases related to individual lifestyles.