The Psychology Counseling Unit (UPsK) in Jabatan Kesihatan Wilayah Persekutuan & Putrajaya is currently under the Management Department.
This unit was then name Unit Psychology Counselling due to its service in counselling where the counsellor/ Psychology Officer apply knowledge and principle of psychology in order to help client / patient in dealing with their conflict and other issue as well. Combination of psychology and counseling is needed so as to show the effectiveness and profession of counseling.
Psychology Counselling Unit Main Function
• To accomplish programme Human Capital Development with collaboration with other department for the training needs and empowering human capital among civil servant.
• To implement clinic Psychology Counselling session / intervention on client / outpatient referred / volunteering (walk in staff JKWPKL&P) in assisting to solve issues and manage conflicts.
Procedure of Acceptance Cases & Operation of Counselling Services
Patient referred need to fill in form as follow:-
a) Borang rujukan khidmat Kaunseling BKI 1/14 (Staff/Outpatient)
• Referral form and application form can be collect from Unit Psychology Counselling Office/Webpage.The referral form need to be sign by doctor/ medical officer or any officer whom refer.
• Psychology Counselling clinic day are five working days as follows:-
o Monday until Thursday : 8.30 am – 4.30 pm
o Friday : 8.30 am – 12.30 pm / 3.30 pm – 4.30 pm
Customer Service Policy
• Intervention session implemented around 30 minutes to 60 minutes or more depending client/patient conflict & issues.
• Norm of service 30 minutes = 1 sesion of counselling.
• Confidentiality is the main priority during the session of intervention/ counselling.
• Prepare and provide service of counseling professionally according to standard of ethics practice of counseling by Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (Public Services Department).
• Every new referral and application of counselling service among staff/outpatient will be given within of 5 working days from the date of the referral letter and application for counselling session.
Responsibilities of Client
1. Every client/patient whom did not attend any appointment or follow up appointment for 6 month need to get a new referral letter.
2. Psychology officer can get additional information about client and patient from family member when necessary.
3. Client need to informed Psychology Officer if they are unable to attend the appointment for counselling session at least two working days before the date of appointment.
4. Client need to arrive 10 minutes earlier for the appointed time arranged.
Located on the 2nd floor, Block B next to Human Resources Unit Jabatan Kesihatan Wilayah Persekutuan
Tarikh Kemaskini : 01 November 2018