Kuala Lumpur Government Dental Service has been around since 1929. After independence, the service was administered by the Selangor State Health Department. In 1974 the Federal Territory was established and Dental Service is relocated under the administration of the Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, the Dental Services Department Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur in 1978.
On January 1, 2001, the Department of Health Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur was established and Dental Services Department Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur once again moved its administration. It was known as Dental Health Services Division of the Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur. This division is headed by Deputy Director of Health (Dental) headquartered at 2nd floor of Cahaya Suria Building. Dated March 16, 2006, once again, its administrative office moved to the Federal Territory Health Complex at Cenderasari Road, Kuala Lumpur. It was then operated untill now as Dental Health Division, Federal Teritory of Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya Health Department.
Dental Health Division of the Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya's office is an administrative centre of dental services across the Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya, which consists of five districts or zones Dental Health Office (Pejabat Kesihatan Pergigian (PKP)), namely :
1. PKP Lembah Pantai
2. PKP Titiwangsa
3. PKP Kepong
4. PKP Cheras
5. PKP Putrajaya
Ensuring the people of Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya enjoy health services and facilities the best in the country.
To provide optimum dental services to individuals, families and communities through the promotion of positive health and quality services with appropriate technology.
Division Quality Policy
We are committed to provide professional and quality dental services to cater to customer satisfaction continuously.
Dental member's duties to the Customer.
We will endeavor to ensure that:
- Customers will be treated in a friendly, considerate, respectful, polite and sincere;
- Dental services provided are appropriate, fair, efficient and professional manner;
- 75% of customers will be examined in 30 minutes;
- Each customer will be notified of the nature and treatment charges imposed;
- Each customer will be given an explanation of the important aspects of treatment, and the description of dental disease prevention, and dental information secret and told only with the consent of the parties subject to the law.
- Bring the following documents:
- Identification card / birth certificate / passport (for new patients)
- Letter from Employer / Guarantee Letter (GL) (for patients with employer's liability)
- Appointment card
- Other relevant documents (eg Referral Letter)
- Provide accurate and complete information during registration;
- Inform medical and dental problems once and being faced;
- Compliance with appointments and inform the dental clinic failing abide;
- Cooperate during the treatment;
- Taking care of dental health as advised;
- Clarify and make payment if imposed and seek for the receipt after payment, and
- To provide comments or suggestions to improve the service, if any.