Pharmacy Services Division is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of management activities involving the practice, development and enforcement of pharmacy in the Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya.
It includes three main activities:
• Pharmacy Management
• Pharmacy Practice and Development
1. Plan and coordinate the optimal human capital needs, including provision of training in addition to wise management of budget.
2. Optimize drug therapy and provision of pharmaceutical care to the patient through friendly and prudent professional services.
3. Ensure that the manufacture, importation, sale, supply, handling and use of medication, dosage, pharmaceutical preparations and health products are in high quality, safe and effective in accordance with Pharmacy Laws enforced by the Enforcement Branch, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya, which is :
• Poisons Act 1952 (Revised 1989) and regulations
• Sale of Drugs Act 1952 (Revised) 1989 and rules
• The Medicines (Advertisement and Sale) Act 1956 (Revised 1983)
• Registration of Pharmacists Act 1952 (Revised 1989) and regulations
• Dangerous Drugs Act 1952 (Revised 1980) and regulations